【Foward】NYCU Epidemic Prevention Announcement 0927 ( 2021-09-27 )
We updated the following covid-19 restrictions that will be implemented after the Sep. 27:
Curriculum & Exam
1. To reduce the risk of cluster infections, we will open some classrooms for resident students to watch online learning materials. All students who enter these classrooms for online learning should follow the COVID-19 prevention guidelines. The information about the abovementioned classrooms will be announced on the Office of Academic Affairs’s website: https://aa.nycu.edu.tw/chcourse/news
2. Courses that can adhere to the following guidelines can be held in-person after Sept. 27:
A. According to the CECC’s (Central Epidemic Command Center) regulations in response to COVID 19, the maximum number of people allowed in one classroom is 80. Wearing masks is mandatory at all times and no food or drink is allowed. People should maintain social distance (1.5m), take and register their body temperatures before entering classrooms, and take checkerboard seating as indicated on the seat. Please keep windows wide open during class time to improve indoor air circulation in the classroom. When taking lab or internship courses, student grouping should be fixed throughout the semester. All instruments and accessories used in the course should be sterilized regularly.
B. If your in-person classes are not able to follow the above regulations regarding the maximum number of people, or there is no extra classroom to distribute students, we suggest our faculty turn to “hybrid classes” or “on-line classes”
C. All in-person classes should still provide online options (synchronous or asynchronous) for foreign students, state financed off-shore island students, students under self-quarantine, or other personal considerations, etc.
D. Teachers and students of in-person classes should login to the “NYCU Electronic Health Management System (EHMS)” (https://ehms.nycu.edu.tw) once a day and register “the assessment of health”. If you have any symptoms of COVID-19, please take your course online and follow the instructions to seek medical attention as soon as possible.
E. It is suggested that one in-person class student be randomly selected every week to do the COVID-19 Rapid Testing on campus (please contact the Health and Medical Section for COVID-19 Rapid Testing information) . We encourage all students to do the COVID-19 Rapid Testing and log into EHMS.
3. The classroom should be sanitized and cleaned under the epidemic prevention regulations, and improve air circulation. It is suggested that at least one door and one window be open in all classrooms to provide cross ventilation, the windows should be open approximately 15 cm. If indoor air quality is poor, it is suggested to utilize ceiling fans or portable fans. Classes should not be held in classrooms that have only one door.
1. All P.E. Classes including swimming can be held in-person after Sept. 27.
2. The P.E. Office shall set up the alcohol disinfection machines at all sport venues, the teachers must supervise students in sanitizing their hands before each class begins.
3. Teachers and students must wear masks during the class time.
4. Teachers should remind students to maintain social distance when dividing students into groups. Please avoid contact with others and alternate use of the facilities is prohibited.
5. Please do the roll call in class, and ensure which direction the people flow in the venue. Please avoid students leaving and non-students entering during class.
6. The P.E. Office provides hypochlorous acid-containing water in every sports venue, teachers must supervise students in the cleaning of all facilities after the class.
7. Please check-out the sports equipment and return to the storeroom after the class. Do not leave any equipment in the class space.
8. Depending on the updated announcements of C.E.C.C., the regulations will be amended with time as needed.
1. Changes and Restrictions of the Entrance to the Library
A. Services are only available for readers with valid library cards(not including Interlibrary Loan Cards and temporary library cards).
B. The 24hr study room remains closed.
C. For your protection, please observe the following safety precautions: Contact-information-based measures, checkerboard seating measures, maintaining social distance, and wearing masks at all times.
2. Opening Hours
The library will resume regular opening hours during summer break and the semester, please refer to our official website.
3. Services at the Circulation Desk
Provide normal circulation services.
A. The epidemic prevention notice listed above will be adjusted according to the COVID-19 pandemic conditions. For the most updated information, please refer to the Library’s official websites.
B. During the epidemic period, please refer to the E-resources and online educational materials on the Library websites.
Student Activities and Club Venue Management
1. Students can make online reservations for club activity space, and should follow CECC’s limits on the number of people at gatherings (80 people indoors, 300 people outdoors) and implement epidemic prevention measures including crowd controls, body temperature measurements, disinfections of the environment, real-name registration, wearing masks at all times, and keep social distance. People with a fever or exhibiting upper respiratory infection symptoms will not be permitted to enter the space. Food and drink is not allowed at indoor gatherings. Activities cannot meet covid-19 requirements, organizers should submit epidemic prevention proposals to school in advance.
2. Study rooms and lounges will remain closed. We will announce the epidemic measures and opening hours after discussing with the Student Association.
1. Students who receive the covid-19 vaccine can apply for 3 days vaccination leave (including the day of vaccination) with their vaccination record card.
2. Students should indicate their symptoms of illness for “sick leave” applications in the online leave system. The applications will be approved once the procedures are completed.
3. Students who take Disease Prevention Leave due to the pandemic still need to keep in touch with their instructors and abide by the regulations of their courses during the leave period.
Please refer to the bulletin of Employee Attendance System
NYCU Covid-19 Response Team