Distinguished Professor and The Chair of ISDP Jonq Juang
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: +886-3-513-1208
- Fax: +886-3-572-4679
- Address: Department of Applied Mathematics, National Yang Ming Chiao Tung University,1001 Ta Hsueh Road, Hsinchu, Taiwan 30050, ROC
- Fall Semester, 2020：
- Calculus (I)
- Spring Semester, 2021：
- Calculus (II)
- B.S. in Mathematics, National Taiwan Normal University.
- Texas Tech. Univ. M.S. in Department of Applied Mathematics.
- Texas Tech. Univ. Ph.D. in Department of Applied Mathematics.
- Research Areas
- Differential Equations
- Dynamical System
- Positions, Honors and Awards
- Wright State Univ. Assistant Professor in Mathematics(08/1987 - 07/1989)
- Associate Professor in Department of Applied Mathematics, National Chiao-Tung University. (08/1989 - 07/1995)
- Professor in Department of Applied Mathematics, National Chiao-Tung University. (08/1995 - )
- Recent Research Projects
- Stochastically Coupled Maps (101-2115-M-009-011-MY2)
- Synchronization Theory on Coupled Systems (NSC-98-2115-M-009-003-MY3)
- Research and Development of Secondary Science Teacher Education--The Theory-Laden Changing Pocess for Science Teacher (2/3) (NSC-97-2522-S-009-001)
- Research and Development of Secondary Science Teacher Education--The Theory-Laden Changing Pocess for Science Teacher (3/3) (NSC-97-2522-S-009-001)
- Fourier Coefficients, Lyapunov Exponents, Invariant Measures and Their Relationship (3/3) (NSC-95-2115-M-009-014-MY3)
- Fourier Coefficients, Lyapunov Exponents, Invariant Measures and Their Relationship (2/3) (NSC-95-2115-M-009-014-MY3)
- Fourier Coefficients, Lyapunov Exponents, Invariant Measures and Their Relationship (1/3) (NSC-95-2115-M-009-014-MY3)
- Generalized Cellerlar Neural Networks : Maps and Dynamics (3/3) (NSC-94-2115-M-009-003)
- Generalized Cellerlar Neural Networks : Maps and Dynamics (2/3) (NSC-93-2115-M-009-007)
- Generalized Cellerlar Neural Networks : Maps and Dynamics (1/3) (NSC-92-2115-M-009-011)
- Dynamics, Chaos and Synchronization of Rate Equation (3/3) (NSC-91-2115-M-009-005)
- Dynamics, Chaos and Synchronization of Rate Equation (2/3) (NSC-90-2115-M-009-023)
- Dynamics, Chaos and Synchronization of Rate Equation (1/3) (NSC-89-2115-M-009-043)
(A) Refereed Papers：
1. Existence and uniqueness results for a nonlinear integrodifferential initial-value problem arising in transport theory (with P. Nelson), Nonlinear Anal., TMA, Vol. 11, No. 12, 1351-1369 (1987).
2. Degenerate Riccati equations with unbounded coefficients arising in transport theory, 10(3＆4), 305-321 (1989).
3. Abstract Riccati equations in an L' space of finite measure and applications to transport theory (with P. Nelson) Math. Methods Appli. Scien., Vol. 12, 56-67 (1990).
4. Global existence theorem for Riccati equations arising in transport theory (with P. Nelson), J. Math. Anal. Appli. 166, 103-111 (1992).
5. Convergence of an iterative technique for algebraic matrix Riccati equations and applications to transport theory (with Z. C. Lin), Trans. Th. Stat. Phys. 21, 87-100 (1992).
6. Iterative solution for a certain class of algebraic matrix Riccati equations and applications to transport theory (with I. Chen), Trans. Th. Stat. Phys., 21, 65-80 (1993).
7. Comparison theorems for matrix Riccati equation (with M. T. Lee), Linear Algeb. Appli., 196, 183-191 (1994).
8. Existence, uniqueness and asymptotic for the reflection kernel of an angularly shifted transport equation (with C. Lin and P. Nelson), Math. Models Meth. Appli. Scien., Vol. 5, No. 2. 239-251 (1995).
9. On coupled H-Like equations of Chandrasekhar, SIAM Math. Analysis, Vol. 24, No. 3, 869-879 (1995).
10. Existence for algebraic matrix Riccati equations arising in transport theory, Linear Algeb. Appli., 230, 89-100 (1995).
11.Convergence rates for iterative solutions of algebraic matrix Riccati equations (with P. Nelson), Appli. Math. Comp., Vol. 72, 125-142 (1995).
12. Convergence acceleration for the reflection matrix in a nonmultiplying half-space, Trans. Th. Stat. Phys., 25(7), 799-810 (1996).
13. Charge oscillations in coupled quantum wells (with C. Juang and C. B. Tsai), IEE Proc. Of Optoelectrionics, Vol. 144, No. 2, 120-123 (1996).
14. Existence for a matrix equation arising in microelectronics, Proc. A.M.S., Vol. 124, No. 11, 3477-3480 (1996).
15. Controlling chaotic behavior of heavy to light hole mixing tunneling by external electronic fields (with C. Juang and J. Y. Wang), IEEE Journal Quant. Electron., Vol. 33, No. 8, 1345-1349 (1997).
16. Chaotic behavior of hole mixing tunneling in asymmetric coupled quantum wells (with C. Juang and C. B. Tsai), Solid State Comm., Vol. 101, No. 8, 581-584 (1997).
17. Nonsymmetric algebraic Riccati equations and Hamiltonian-link matrices (with W. W. Lin), SIAM, Matrix Anal. ＆ Appli., Vol. 120, No. 1, 228-243 (1998).
18. Nonlinear dynamics of self-pulsating laser diodes under external drive (with C. Juang etc.), Optical Letter., Vol. 24, 1346-1348 (1999).
19. Multiple tunneling and chaos in asymmetric coupled quantum wells, Japanese J. Applied Physics., Vol. 28, 6222-6225 (1999).
20. Cellular neural networks: mosaic patterns and spatial chaos (with S. S. Lin), SIAM, Appli. Math., Vol. 60, No. 3, 891-915 (2000).
21. A synchronization scheme using self-pulsating laser diodes in optical chaotic communications (with C. Juang etc.), IEEE JQE, Vol. 36, No. 3, 300-304 (Mar 2000).
22. Optical chaotic AM demodulation by asymptotic synchronization (with C. Juang etc.), IEEE photon. Tech. Lett., Vol. 12, No.2, 179-181 (Feb 2000).
23. Cellular neural networks: local patterns for general template, Int. J. Bifurcation and Chaos (with C. S. Hsu and S. S. Lin), Vol. 10, No. 7, 1645-1659 (2000).
24. Two dimensional spatial entropy (with S. S. Lin, W. W. Lin and S. F. Shieh), Int. J. Bifurcation and Chaos, Vol. 10, No. 12, 2845-2852 (2000).
25. Unbounded growth of total variations of snapshots of the 10 linear wave equation due to the chaotic behavior of iterates of composite nonlinear boundary reflection relations, to appear in "Control of Nonlinear Distributed Parameter Systems", Marcel Dekker Lectures Notes on Pure ＆ Appli. Math., N. Y. 2000.
26. Huang Chen, and J. Juang, “Unbounded growth of total variations of snapshots of 1D linear wave equation due to the chaotic behavior of the iterates of composite nonlinear boundary reflection relations”, Contol of Nonlinear Distributed Parameter Systems (College Station, TX, 1999), 15 - 43, Lecture Notes in Pure and Appl. Math., 128,, Dekker, New York. (2001) (SCI)
27. W. C. Wang, T. M. Hwang, C. Juang, J. Juang, C. Y. Liu, W. W. Lin, “Chaotic behaviors of bistable laser diodes and its application in synchronization of optical communication”, Japanese J. Applied Physics Part1-Regular Papers Short Notes & Review Papers, 40 (10): 5914-5919 Oct. (2001). (SCI)
28. C. Juang, J. Juang etc. “FM detection from a chaotic carrier”, Japanese J. Applied Physics, Vol. 40, 4549-4551 (2001). (SCI)
29. C. Juang, J. Juang etc. “Optoelectronics delay feed back in quantum well laser diode”, Optical Conm. Vol. 192, 77-81 (2001). (SCI)
30. J. Juang*, “Global existence and stability analysis of solutions of matrix Riccati equations”, Jour. Math. Anal. Appli. Vol. 258, 1-12 (2001). (SCI)
31. J. Juang* and S. F. Shieh, “Eigenvalue problems for one-dimensional discrete Schrodinger operators with various boundary conditions”, SIAM Matrix Anal. Appli. no23, 524-533, 23 (2001). (SCI)
32. J. Juang* and S. F. Shieh, L. Turyn, “Cellular Neural Networks: Space-Dependent Template, Mosaic Patterns and Spatial Chaos”, Int. J. Bifurcation and Chaos, 12, no.8, 1717-1730, 12 (2002). (SCI)
33. J. Juang, Lin and Lin, “Spectral analysis of some iterations in the Chandrasekhar’s H-functions”, Numer. Funct. Anal. Optim. Vol. 24, No. 5&6, 575-586. (2003) (SCI)
34. C. Juang, Huang, Liu, Wang, Hwang, J. Juang and Lin, “Subcarrier multiplexing by chaotic multitone modulation”, IEEE JQE, Vol. 39, No. 10, 1321-1326.( 2003) (SCI)
35. Chang and J. Juang, 2004: Piecewise two-dimensioanl map and applications to cellular neural networks, Int. J. Bifur. & Chaos, Vol. 14, No. 7, 2223-2228. (SCI: 1.171)
36. J. Juang, Li and Liu, Cellular neural networks: mosaic patterns, bifurcation and complexity, Int. J. Bifur. &Chaos, Vol. 16, No.1 (2006) 47-57. (SCI: 1.171)
37. J. Juang and C.-L. Li, Eigen value problems and application to the wavelet method of chaotic control, J. Math. Phys., 47 072704, 2006. (SCI)
38. J. Juang and C.-L. Li, Eigen curve problems and application to the wavelet method of chaotic control, J. Math. Phys., 47 122702 , 2006. (SCI)
39. W. Chang, J. Juang*, and C.-L. Li, “Snap-back repellers and chaotic traveling waves in one-dimensional cellular neural networks”, Inter. J. Bifur. & Chaos, Vol. 17, No. 6, 1969-1983 (2007). (SCI: 0.866)
40. J. Juang*, C.-L. Li, and Y. H. Liang, “Global synchronization in lattices of coupled chaotic systems”, Chaos 17, 033111 (2007). (SCI: 1.926)
41. J. Juang* and S.-F. Shieh, “Piecewise linear maps, Liapunov exponents and entropy”, J. Math. Anal. Appli. Volume 338, Issue 1, 1 February 2008, Pages 358-364. (SCI: 0.758)
42. J. Juang and S. F. Shieh, On the Total Variation, Topological Entropy and Sensitivity for Interval Maps, J. Math. Anal. Appli., Volume 341, Issue 2, 15 May 2008, Pages 1055-1067.
43. J. Juang, M.-C. Li and M. Malkin, Chaotic difference equations in two variables and their multidimensional perturbations, Nonlinearity, 21(2008), 1019-1040.
44. J. Juang & Y.–H. Liang, Synchronous Chaos in Coupled Map Lattices with General Connectivity Topology, SIAM Appl. Dynan. Syst., 7 (2008), no. 3, 755--765.
45. Y.-C. Chang and J. Juang, Stable Synchrong In Globally-Coupled Integrate-And-Fire Oscillators, SIAM Appl. Dynam. Systems. Vol. 7, issue 4, PP. 1445-1476.
46. C. Juang, C.-L. Li, Y.-H. Liang and J. Juang, Wavelet Transform Method for Coupled Map Lattices, IEEE Transactions on CAS I, Vol. 56, No. 4, PP. 840-845, April (2009).
47. J. Juang and Y.-H. Liang, Coordinate Transformation and Matrix Measure Approach for Synchronization of Complex Networks, Chaos 19, 033131 (2009) (13 pages), 2009.
48. Y.-C. Chang and J. Juang*, Boundary influence on the entropy of a Lozi-type map, J. Math. Analy. Appl., 371 (2010) 728-740.
49. T. Li, E. K.-W. Chu, J. Juang, W.-W. Lin, Solution of a nonsymmetric algebraic Riccati equation from 2 two-dimensional tansport model, LAA, 2011, 434(1), PP. 201-214.
50. E. K.-W. Chu, J. Juang, T. Li, W.-W. Lin, Solution of a nonsymmetric algebraic Riccati equation from a one-dimensional multi-state transport model, IMA Journal of Numerical Analysis, frist published on line May, 2011.
51. J. Juang and C. -L. Li, The theory of wavelet transform method on chaotic synchronization of coupled map lattices, J. Math. Phy., 52, 012701(2011)
52. F.-J. Jhou, J. Juang and Y.-H. Liang, Multi-state and multi-state synchronization of Hindmarsh-Rose neurons with chemical and electrical synapses, IEEE Transactions on CAS-I: Regular paper, Vol. 59, No.6, 1355-1349, 2012.
53. J.Juang and C. -L. Li, The wavelet transform method applied to a coupled chaotic system with asymmetric coupliny schemes, Applied Mathematics Letters, 26 (2013) 984-990.
54. J. Juang and Y-H Liang, Cluster synchronzation in Networks of Neurons with Chemical Synapses, Chaos, 2014, 24(1): 013110.
55. C.M.Huang and J.Juang, On a Piecewise-Smath Map Arising in Ecology, Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Application. vol. 418, issue 2, P.753-765 , 2014.
56. Y.-H Liang and J. Juang The Impact of Vaccine Failure Rate on Epidemic Dynamics in Responsive Networks, Chaos, 2015., 25(4):043116
57. J. Juang and Y-H Liang, Analysis of a General SIS Model with Infective Vectors on Complex Networks, Physica A, 437(2015)382-395.
58. C. M. Huang and J. Juang, Bifurcation and Chaos in Synchronous Manifold of a Forest Model, Int. J. Bifuncation Chaos 25, 1550157 (2015)
59. Y-H Liang, W-R Wu, J.Juang, Fastest synchronized network and synchorny on the Julia Set of Complex- Valuned Coupled Map Lattices, Discrete and Contin. Dyn. Syst -Ser.B 21(2016).
60. J. Juang and Y.-H. Liang, The Impact of Vaccine Success and Awareness on Epidemic Dynamics, Chaos 26, 113105(2016).
61. J. Juang and Y.-H. Liang, Avoiding Collisions in Cucker-Small Flocking Models under Group-Hierarchical Leadership, SIAM Appl. Math., 2018, Vol.78, N.1 pp.531-550.
62. Y. J. Huang, J. Juang and Y. -H. Liang, Global Stability for Epidemic Models on Multiplex Networks, J. Math.Biology, 2018, 76(6): 1339-1356.
63. J. Rodriguez, Y.-H. Liang, Y.- J. Huang, J. Juang, Diversity of Hysteresis in a Fully Cooperatine Confection Model, Chaos, 28,023107 (2018).
- Cellular neural networks: defect patterns and spatial chaos, preprint.